As the Enterprise Architect you will partner closely with both business and technology leaders to define the technical strategy and capabilities required to support Twist's business strategy and objectives. The defined technical strategy and capabilities will be a key enabler of Twist's digital transformation.
In addition, you will be responsible for working across the technology teams to build a strategic vision for technology capabilities, applications, and data in support of all functions and technology teams. You will accomplish this by leveraging a deep and broad understanding of best in class applications, technologies and tools, as well as a well rounded understanding of the key strategic business functions in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
As the Twist work environment is dynamic and fast-paced, you should be highly self-motivated, and be a self-starter. The ability to work independently and maintain relationships with both business and technology stakeholders will be critical to the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop strong partnerships with business, and technology leaders to define the enterprise architecture for Twist for the mid-term, keeping in mind Twist's long term strategy and goals.
* Leverage a deep understanding of domain, industry best practices, and emerging technologies and trends to develop a technical vision, specific strategies and initiatives to align the technology portfolio with the business strategy and objectives
* Review and analyze the current technology portfolio and its ability to support strategic company objectives
* Stay current with strategic technology trends to deliver new business models and ecosystems
* Effectively communicate technology strategies & trade-offs to senior leaders and down to development teams for alignment
* Gain sponsorship and alignment to ensure the enterprise architecture is baked into roadmaps with appropriate capability dependencies
* Review technical and functional solution designs to determine their technical viability, their ability to support the business goals and broader business strategy, and their adherence to the enterprise architecture
* Work closely with the Solution Architect to crystallize the technical vision and strategy at the applications solution level
* Mentor and guide the technical teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
* 10+ years experience in applications or software development
* 3+ years in an enterprise architect role
* Demonstrated proficiency in conveying complex designs and concepts using architecture modeling concepts and Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
* Broad functional understanding of key business areas in ERP (Finance, Order Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain), CRM (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service) and eCommerce a strong plus
* Biotech industry experience a plus
* Experience with custom product manufacturing a plus
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal
* Ability to work in a team and independently
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as "writing" DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Twist Bioscience
Synthetic DNA production for specialty chemical compounds and drug development Twist Bioscience Corp.