Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. Nextdoor's mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
We are searching for an exceptional engineering leader to help scale our engineering team and technology. Qualified candidates will be equally comfortable with technical leadership, people management, recruiting top talent, and hands-on development work. Our teams work on a variety of technically challenging problems in platform and API design, mobile and web application development, scalability and cloud computing, data science and analysis, and much more.
* Grow and mentor a strong, high-performing engineering team.
* Collaborate with design and product teams regarding strategy, scope, and schedule.
* Drive standards on quality, reliability, scalability, and performance.
* Create infrastructure and process to support rapid organizational growth.
* Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence within the engineering organization.
* Optimize developer productivity by continuously seeking efficiencies in process.
* BS in Computer Science
* 7+ years of software engineering experience at high-growth consumer internet companies.
* 5+ years experience managing and hiring engineering teams.
* Proven success delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems.
* Experience leading agile development teams on fast iteration cycles.
* Significant programming experience in any of Python, Go, Java in a production environment.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Exceptionally resourceful in a lean, flat organization.
* Deep belief in the mission of Nextdoor
* 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
* Paid vacation and company holidays
* Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
* Monthly gym stipend
* One time cell phone & headphone stipend
* Annual learning and development stipend
* Two paid volunteer days off
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
* La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
* Health FSA
* 401K plan
Nextdoor is a social network that enables members to communicate with neighbors.