We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Developer Platform team is responsible for developing & supporting a wide range of tools which underpin the success of our diverse engineering teams. Our vision is to provide world class developer tools to the hundreds of engineers working at Cruise, and this platform is seen as a key competitive advantage at Cruise. We manage Cruise's mission critical source code (GitHub Enterprise), continuous integration & delivery, code quality, build systems (Bazel), and local development toolchains. We also develop in-house software to support best-practice code review, development workflows, and CI/CD.
We're looking for a talented engineering manager to oversee and support multiple engineering teams, and rapidly grow these teams to support the increasing needs of our internal customers. The ideal candidate will be equally at home managing software engineers and DevOps/SREs, and will leverage a combination of open source, commercial, and in-house developed software to achieve exceptional results.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects related to the Developer Infrastructure
* Collaborating with technical leads and contributing to the overall architecture, design, and development of core projects related to the Developer Infrastructure
* Establish cross-functional relationships to influence and maintain the organization's culture of engineering excellence
* Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to the platform architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
* Maintain a high bar for technical quality and operational excellence, and design appropriate on-call rotations and playbooks to meet appropriate SLO/SLAs for each production service
* Recruiting, managing, and maintaining a world-class engineering team
* Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and high output team
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 10+ years experience in software engineering or DevOps roles
* 3+ years managing teams who support complex, scalable production systems
* Expert level understanding of AWS or GCP, Docker, CI/CD workflows, monitoring and security best practices
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Experience working with developer tooling for large monorepos
* Experience writing modern production Go applications and their build toolchains
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.