BAE Systems is looking for a Common Data Link Chief Engineer to support our growing Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business spanning Common Data Link, High Band Directional Networking, Phased Array Antenna, Systems Analysis, Free Space Optics and Systems Integration. C4ISR Systems is developing innovative capabilities for next generation Common Data Link and High Band Directional Networking implemented in Software Defined Radios in Airborne, Ground and Maritime domains. We are a pathfinder in advanced Communications and Navigation, focused on delivering disruptive technology to give our customers the edge they need.
The Common Data Link Chief Engineer leads our team in the application of new technologies to our current and future communications products and systems. The Chief Engineer is the primary technical authority in the development of new products and the application of new communication technologies. In this position, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for and will establish and manage the Common Data Link product and technology portfolios in our maritime, airborne and ground communications markets. The Common Data Link Chief Engineer can be based in Wayne NJ, Greenlawn NY or San Diego, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Being an active partner with programs, business development and contracts to grow the business
* Developing innovative communication systems solutions to satisfy customer mission requirements.
* Leading product development from advanced prototypes to Program of Record product development including System Requirements, Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review.
* Engaging with business leadership to drive technology maturation in support of product roadmaps.
* Driving product and technology roadmaps and develop investment strategies, solutions and investments.
* Collaborating across the corporate businesses and with external partners to leverage technology for growth.
* Briefing government and industry leaders on our future vision and art of the possible future products
Lead Technology Infusion into our products by:
* Engaging inside and outside the business to understand the current and future missions enabled by communication and navigation in adverse environments, and relevant technology trends to predict future breakthroughs, innovation, potential partners and competitor strategies.
* Engaging inside the business to leverage investment funds for targeted technology development to enable growth.
* Capturing relevant Intellectual Property (IP) for the business and manage the C4ISR Systems IP portfolio.
* Driving strategic alignment across our Sector to enable C4ISR Systems business growth.
* Seeking Contract Research and Development in collaboration with our R&D center, FAST Labs that is aligned with our future product needs.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.