If you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of a team that manages the sixth largest e-commerce site in the US, and you have a collaborative personality with excellent communication skills backed by strong technical skills we would like to talk to you. We are looking for a top level candidate who can partner with multiple teams to drive the future growth of our e-Commerce platform.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Installs, configures, maintains and supports servers and web based server applications that run on AIX and WebSphere. * Specifically WebSphere Commerce and other related application or caching software. * Operationally maintain the commerce site and related systems, including monitoring, capacity planning, operational services, integration of enhancements, and other administrative efforts that pertain to the health of the environment. * Configures, debugs and supports the middleware applications supporting the online business, including managing and configuring for performance and security. * Performance tuning as well as edge cache configuration. * Configures logging and administer application servers. * Installation of WebSphere Commerce and other web applications into a WAS environment. * Researches, and makes recommendations for WebSphere Application and/or WebSphere Commerce configurations. * Ensures systems compliance by maintaining the environment within the company guidelines and annual audits. * Provides on call support for service interruptions, ensure timely recovery from outages, perform root cause analysis and implement preventative measures. * Acts as team lead during execution of assigned activities. * Interfaces with and provides technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs. * Plays a key project role in the selection, design and implementation of new technologies. * Writes scripts to proactively manage the application infrastructure. * Documents the application infrastructure and teach/share with others as necessary. * Participates in projects; provide work estimates, partner with others to design and execute on tasks that enhance system availability or application capabilities.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 5+ years' experience administrating WebSphere Commerce version 6 or 7 in a UNIX environment for a major eTailer. * Deep understanding of Network technologies (i.e. OSI Layer), Application security, Databases (preferably DB2) and MQ Messaging and Broker, AIX and WebSphere Application Server. * Ability to quickly understand current environments and to use that information to build stable, responsive and secure solutions. * Ability to guide and mentor others through the design, build and implementation phases of system deployments. * Experience building solutions in a distributed architecture and ability to understand the interactions from end to end. * Deep technical experience reviewing proposed solutions and selecting the best fit for the applications and architecture. * Proven experience with scripting as a server application integrator/administrator. * Ability to explain complex subjects to the audience with wide variety of technical skills. * Exceptionally strong critical thinking, analysis skills and documentation skills. * Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision. * Availability and willingness to participate in 24 x 7 on call to support the business. * Requires periodic work outside of regular business hours that can include evenings, weekends, and holidays. * Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure with a strong sense of urgency. * Team player - must be friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others.
* Experience as a WebSphere system administrator and experience securing Web applications. * Experience as a Middleware administrator with MQ messaging and Broker. * 3+ years' experience with Windows, Unix and/or Linux, preferably AIX or Red Hat. * 3+ years' experience working with IBM WAS (WebSphere Application Server), IHS (IBM HTTP Server), or equivalent. * 3+ years of experience supporting Sterling OMS solutions in existing environments. * Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using Sterling Order Management components, API's, related interfaces and configuration. * Exposure to virtual environment management such concepts and tools such as PowerVM and VMWare. * Exposure to middleware technologies such as MQ Messaging, Message Broker or equivalent. * General understanding of network technologies such as BigIP, DHCP and DNS. * General understanding of Active Directory (AD). * General understanding of performance and functional testing environments. * IBM WebSphere Application Server certification. * WebSphere Commerce Server experience a plus. * Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Tivoli, and Dynatrace. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.