Role Summary:GE is seeking sharp, personable, highly-organized interns who are looking for the opportunity to grow their technical and professional skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies.
Essential Responsibilities:We offer meaningful, impactful assignments as well as a Summer that includes team building, career development opportunities, and more! Digital Technology Interns are GE's primary pipeline to full-time employment opportunities either as a direct hire or as a member of one of our world-class early talent leadership programs. Digital Technology Interns are hired to focus on a particular area of the GE business based on availability of positions, the interviewer's assessment, and the applicant's preference. Focus areas could include but are not limited to Predix/Digital Platforms, Aviation, Healthcare, Renewable Energy, or Power.
Digital intern assignments, typically 10 to 12 weeks in length, are dynamic and challenging based on the business needs and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure to key IT and Software business leaders at GE; as well as a global internship support network to accelerate learning and development.
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree program at an accredited university or credentialed software accelerator program.
* Degree focused in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, IT Security, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, Security and Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors with Software/IT experience.
* Minimum cumulative or in-major 3.0/4.0 GPA.
* Must commit to working full time (40 hrs/wk) during the internship.
* Graduating between December 2019 - June 2022.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in the United States.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.
* Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
* A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology.
* Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and development tools.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
* Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
About Us:GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Additional Locations:United States;California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, Washington;San Francisco, San Ramon, Roanoke, New Orleans, Boston, Melbourne, Miami, Atlanta, Buckhead, Van Buren Township, Schenectady, Houston, Austin, Redmond, Seattle, Cincinnati, Evendale;
About General Electric
General Electric is a multinational conglomerate corporation offering infrastructure and financial services.