Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
The Digital Platform team drives and defines the online and mobile customer experience for Morgan Stanley clients and advisors, and the buildout and ownership of several digital products including Morgan Stanley's digital advice offerings. We are in search of a talented and eager Digital Business Analyst to join our team.
As a Digital Advice Business Analyst, you will work under the guidance of the Digital Advice Product Owner to enhance our Digital Investment Advice offering. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting analysis and documenting requirements in the form of user stories to maintaining and evolve the offering's goal setup and onboarding experience. You will be required to stay abreast of industry best practices, analyze abandonment points and develop a strong understanding of the underlying analytics.
As a smart, passionate, detail-oriented team player who loves interacting with a diverse set of people solving tough problems and challenging the status quo, this is an amazing opportunity to forge a new digital direction for a highly respected company that is deeply committed to reinventing itself.
* Ability to develop and communicate business requirements and user stories.
* Participate and lead requirement review sessions and drive consensus with
* Run requirements elicitation workshops and meetings with business and
* Create and elaborate on critical user journeys and use cases that align with
the program vision and address critical customer needs.
* Identify critical workflows and business processes which require refinement
* Specify acceptance criteria, testing scenarios and perform and oversee UAT
* Collaborate with UI/UX team to develop information/interaction architecture,
user flows, wireframes, and visual design comps.
* Work closely with the technology team to assure effective communication of
requirements and rapid delivery of key product releases.
* Thoroughly analyze the product by testing from the point of view of potential
* Conduct analysis against existing functionality/dependencies and ensure buy-
in from all appropriate groups including Legal Risk and Compliance partners.
* Understanding of forecasting and projection tools leveraging Monte Carlo
* Ability to interpret JSON messages for the purposes of enhancing existing
* Understanding of cash flow components and their impact within forecasting
* Ability to manipulate data for the purpose of determining expected outcomes
* Functional ability to conduct mapping exercises from UI to
* Familiarity with financial data processing related to mark-to-market valuations
for various account types.
* 4 - 6 years of experience as a software business or systems analyst with track
record of delivering new innovative web or mobile applications. Experience in
the digital wealth management / "fintech" space is a plus.
* Proficient at defining, analyzing, documenting, and communicating product and
software requirements in an agile software development setting.
* Experience collaborating with UI/UX designers and developers to deliver
client-friendly products and user experiences.
* Good understanding and knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
* Polished written and verbal communication skills able to effectively interact
and influence a diverse set of business and technical stakeholders.
* Experience with product initiatives involving multiple systems and processes,
working through technical, operational, legal and business issues.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to take a problem
statement and solution it with a set of clear and concise business rules
* Specific knowledge of the Banking/Investment industry (products, account
types, cost basis, inflation, etc.)
* Strong presentation skills, with ability to run a meeting and present to partners
* Comfort with product testing to supplement our QA/UAT teams
* Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Familiarity with JIRA, JIVE, Sharepoint, HP ALM
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related
field is required.
Role requires approximately 20% travel for corporate and sponsored events
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.