Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
At Morgan Stanley, the scale and breadth of securities trading offers unparalleled opportunities to stretch your ambitions as a technologist. We demand exceptional technology solutions to serve our clients from an Operations perspective, using the latest behavior driven development methods, low latency techniques and machine learning.
Client Technologies Department
The Client Technologies department sits within Corporate & Funding Technology and includes the Confirmations and Statements Practice Area. Combining several centers of excellence, it is developing a wide, next generation platform to serve clients from an Operations perspective. Our applications bridge products, processes and divisions, with a large internal and external user base across the globe.
Confirmations and Statements Practice Area
For the successful candidate, a diverse, rewarding technology opportunity awaits, serving clients trade confirmation and statements needs. Based in New York, you will work with a highly motivated and talented team, located in London, Montreal, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. You will act as a delivery leader on cycles of a multi-year program, renovating the Confirmations platform for OTC derivatives. You will shape the development agenda, helping directly to decompose complex business challenges into deliverable solutions.
You will help develop the team, utilizing the latest BDD and agile techniques, to maximize quality and customer satisfaction. You will help evolve the Confirmations and Client Technologies architecture and change management practice. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven record of outstanding delivery, in a technically challenging environment.
* Strong record of delivering full software life cycle to production, with minimal on-going support costs.
* Experience working in iterative or continuous delivery environments using agile delivery practices.
* Experience in a business facing role working with senior stakeholders
* Strong analytical and communication skills, with a passion for detailed analysis and puzzle solving.
* Independent thinking, willing to engage in learning new skills.
* Experience leading, coaching, and developing a team of developers.
* Strong experience in enterprise design patterns.
* Full mastery of Java development skills, web services (REST and SOAP).
* Tuning / performance analysis.
* Relational database experience (preferably DB2 or Sybase).
* Experience with test driven / behavior driven development (jUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, Concordian, Gherkin).
* Commercial experience applying machine learning using Weka (decision trees, Bayesian networks, support vector machines), OCR, Spark or deep learning algorithms / neural networks.
* Previous delivery experience as a Scrum or Kanban Master.
* OTC derivatives knowledge would be advantageous.
* Experience in low latency, message-based architectures.
* Proficiency in Visio, wire-framing / prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq Mockups).
* Capacity to identify and interpret big-picture / wide-ranging issues.
* Working knowledge of Linux
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.