What you'll be doing...
The DevOps Manager tackles our toughest technical problems pertaining to Service Delivery and thereafter, smooth operations towards realizing the organization's vision for IoT - focusing on the technical side of operations.
The ideal candidate loves being the person who interfaces between the Development team to understand their needs, understands technologies used in the Cloud Based Development, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to ensure smooth functioning of the systems utilizing resources optimally.
This person is deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions, understands New Relic in depth, and is able to set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.
The DevOps Manager manages the Continuous Integration process, Deployment process, Quality Control, Systems reliability and scalability including: reporting, configuration and deployment of solutions. He will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners). He should have a strong desire to automate delivery, monitoring and reporting.
The DevOps Manager must be able to coordinate well between a variety of vendors, technical experts and groups.
The DevOps manager takes quality very seriously and works to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences.
The DevOps manager keeps himself up to date with new technologies, evaluates it's impacts and makes recommendations.
The DevOps managers is willing to get his hands dirty and dive deep into technical details whenever necessary.
The DevOps Manager is skillful and experienced at managing the team to ensure a healthy work culture and environment.
* Manages operational aspect of production and development systems including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development resources, source control access, scheduling and more.
* Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives.
* Establishment of standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring
* Identifies technical and process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards, and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
* Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers, analyzing open source technologies and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations
* Provides Technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
* Coordinates with IT, cross-functionally and with vendors, in order to successfully identify, prioritize, and resolve issues and provide subject matter expertise for enhancements, developments, and operational improvements
* Works with Program Management for estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
* Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
* Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
What we're looking for...
You will need to have
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
* 5-7+ years of DevOps Manager or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
Ideally you will also have
* Possesses expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
* Possesses deep understanding in the areas of Cloud Based Development, API, databases, and system design, software development lifecycle best practices
* Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts. Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
* Has a track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
* Ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
* Ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
* Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
* Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
* Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
* Exposure to full lifecycle of product development - encompassing concept to production.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.