What you'll be doing...
The work you'll be doing will support mobile applications that allow our customers to manage their accounts through self-service, shop for new services and monitor their usage. When these applications are working well, they are an important part of the overall customer experience. You'll lead projects, code, and develop the APIs and SDKs to integrate all that we do with our internal and external clients and OEMs. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
* Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for both enterprise releases and smaller maintenance releases.
* Identifying and aligning project requirements and conducting impact analyses.
* Working closely with the business team,third party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
* Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
* Performing engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Working experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
* Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
* Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
* Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
* Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.