We are looking for a full time DevOps Engineer based out of Dallas, TX. The DevOps Engineer will ensure sound delivery of technical services by providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around VMWare, Hyper-V and more. If you have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
* Develop deep understanding of company current/future technical challenges and create vision/roadmap of technology and solutions in the area of IP, networking, servers, storage systems, monitoring tools, cloud technologies, virtualization, security and facilities.
* Architecting solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability. Create feasible plan that balances costs, restrictions and various features based on detailed analysis and simulation
* Build and maintain a Reference Architecture Library
* Create a Capacity Planning Program
* Provide training and mentoring to the Development team members.
What we are looking for:
* Extensive experience with automation/configuration management using Salt, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
* Extensive experience with load balancing technology (F5, AWS ELB, NGINX) or an equivalent
* Experience managing and configuring public cloud providers: Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud, Azure
* Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Experience with monitoring and analytics using Prometheus and Grafana
* Experience with configuring and maintaining Jenkins and Jenkins Pipeline
* Experience with log parsing and monitoring using Graylog, ELK, or related
* Experience configuring and managing ElasticSearch
* Strong experience with large SQL and NoSQL
* Experience writing code in Python
* 5+ years' experience in engineering and architecting enterprise datacenter solutions
* 2+ years' experience working on AWS or Azure
* College degree (BS or MS) in Electrical Engineering or Related Field
Who we are:
Zix is a leader in email security. Trusted by the nation's most influential institutions in healthcare, finance and government, Zix delivers a superior experience and easy-to-use solutions for email encryption and data loss prevention, advanced threat protection, archiving and bring your own device (BYOD) mobile security. Focusing on the protection of business communication, Zix enables its customers to better secure data and meet compliance needs.
More than 19,000 organizations use Zix solutions, including all U.S. Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) regulators, divisions of the U.S. Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 30 percent of U.S. banks, over 1,200 U.S. hospitals and 30 percent of Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. In addition, Zix also partners with Cisco and Symantec to offer email encryption and is the exclusive technology provider behind Google Apps Message Encryption.
To learn more, please visit http://www.zixcorp.com
About Zix Corporation
Zix Corporation provides the only email encryption services designed with your most important relationships in mind.