We are looking for a full time Service Engineer based out of Dallas, TX. The Service Engineer will ensure sound delivery of technical services by providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around VMWare, Hyper-V and more. If you have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
* Develop deep understanding of company current/future technical challenges and create vision/roadmap of technology and solutions in the area of IP, networking, servers, storage systems, monitoring tools, cloud technologies, virtualization, security and facilities.
* Architecting solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability. Create feasible plan that balances costs, restrictions and various features based on detailed analysis and simulation
* Build and maintain a Reference Architecture Library
* Create a Capacity Planning Program
* Provide training and mentoring to the Development team members.
What we are looking for:
* Considered an expert in one or more automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) with 3 or more years experience.
* Comfortable with Software Development Life Cycles, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems.
* Experience troubleshooting expertise for virtualization performance and other issues
* Demonstrable Enterprise Architecture planning and design skills
* Experience with scripting and automation tools
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills
* Ability to understand and support network, system and application security hardening, penetration testing, continuous monitoring, and support of policy.
* Ability to support system risk assessment and to support all functions of a Cloud system as well as security planning and documentation.
* 7+ years' experience in engineering and architecting enterprise datacenter solutions
* 2+ years' experience working on AWS or Azure
* College degree (BS or MS) in Electrical Engineering or Related Field
Who we are:
Zix is a leader in email security. Trusted by the nation's most influential institutions in healthcare, finance and government, Zix delivers a superior experience and easy-to-use solutions for email encryption and data loss prevention, advanced threat protection, archiving and bring your own device (BYOD) mobile security. Focusing on the protection of business communication, Zix enables its customers to better secure data and meet compliance needs.
More than 19,000 organizations use Zix solutions, including all U.S. Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) regulators, divisions of the U.S. Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 30 percent of U.S. banks, over 1,200 U.S. hospitals and 30 percent of Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. In addition, Zix also partners with Cisco and Symantec to offer email encryption and is the exclusive technology provider behind Google Apps Message Encryption.
To learn more, please visit http://www.zixcorp.com
About Zix Corporation
Zix Corporation provides the only email encryption services designed with your most important relationships in mind.