Checkr's mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr's product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, reliable services. As a DevOps Engineer at Checkr, you will work closely with our foundation teams to build and run the core components that power Checkr. You will also partner with our other engineering teams to help make their services more performant, scalable, observable, and reliable. We believe every engineering team at Checkr should be responsible for the software they build, and DevOps plays a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to make that happen.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
* Working with engineering to define best practices and shared responsibilities
* Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products, or pieces of infrastructure
* Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
* Improve common operational challenges with tooling
* Plan for the growth of Checkr's infrastructure
* Building CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
* Operating and maintaining AWS Infrastructure
What we value in a DevOps Engineer
* Experience with microservices
* Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
* Experience with AWS
* A track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
* Hands-on experience with containers, Linux, CI/CD, and log management
* You can design technical architecture
* You have a general understanding of a wide array of open source technologies and how they fit together
* Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, web application security, and HTTP/HTTPS
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Fluent in Go
What you get:
* A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
* Hands-on coaching and professional development
* Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement - a true meritocracy
* 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
* Flexible PTO policy
* Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
* Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr's commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Checkr is a company that provides background checks for global enterprises and startups.