Ignite your future: your opportunity
Charles Schwab User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content writers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients' eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
Why your work matters:
* You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
* By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
* You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
* You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
Unleash your talents: what you're good at
* Consider content from a holistic standpoint-systems, platforms, and channels-to create a unified user experience
* Understand information architecture and taxonomies in content structure
* Use journey mapping and design thinking to innovate and solve problems
* Seek out and use data and customer insights to inform content recommendations
* Collaborate effectively with interaction designers, visual designers, product owners, engineers, marketing partners, and legal, risk, and compliance experts T
* Transform complex concepts into simple, understandable, and conversational copy
* Write crisp, high-quality, on-brand user interface copy for wireframes, prototypes, and financial products
* Create and persuasively communicate content plans to UX partners and key stakeholder
* Lead content review sessions
* Iterate on content with a goal of continuous improvement
Engage your expertise: what you'll have
* Minimum of 5 years as a senior content strategist and user interface writer with web and mobile experience, preferably for a financial services, technology, or digital consulting firm
* Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and cross-functional negotiation skills
* Portfolio with key content strategy deliverables (e.g., content inventory and audit, competitive analysis, content strategy deck, content type mapping, brand voice and tone)
* Positive and proactive approach to addressing a project's unique needs and challenges
* Ability to identify critical content issues that will help drive projects forward
* Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules
* Ability to advocate for user experience and content strategy and facilitate alignment on content solutions with various partners (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, legal, risk, and compliance)
* Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Confluence, JIRA, and one or more design tools: InDesign, Sketch, InVision, and Axure
* Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and Agile development methodology
* Experience leading content strategy or UX working sessions with cross-functional teams
* Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.