Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data - anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
Join the rapidly growing Cloud Data Services team, delivering a portfolio of offerings that helps customers harness the power of public, hybrid, multi-cloud and Data Fabric solutions thus enabling modern data management applications and services.
As part of the product engineering function, the overall focus is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This position requires a Lead role to be a visionary, creative, self-driven to produce results for the group and demonstrated ability to work in highly dynamic workplace. You will be hands on developing and will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy around cloud and various hyperscaler's.
* This is active software development and you will be primarily responsible for programing and development of microservices and APIs for data fabric middleware.
* Act as a technical lead, Design and determine the product direction; influence the technical decisions to the management
* Exercise considerable latitude, without appreciable direction, in determining technical objectives, and meeting project deliverables.
* Explore new cutting edge technologies, Work on implementation & verification of NetApp Cloud products
* Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity -on time and with quality
* Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
* Provide inputs to product roadmap
* Work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
* Proactive contributor and subject matter expert
* Excellent team work and communication skills (both written and verbal), sound exposure to customer (external stakeholders) communications
* Work with globally spread teams - includes partners, vendors & customers
* Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others
* Prior hands on development experience while being a Lead to other Development Engineers.
* This is an active software development role where you will be primarily responsible for programing and development of microservices and APIs for data fabric middleware as well as a Lead role supporting other local engineers and remote engineers in design and development direction.
* Hands on experience in product development and in building highly scalable and secure high performance applications
* 2+ years of experience as technical lead, directly leading and guiding technical staff
* Ideally 8+ years of professional full stack programming experience OR front end focused experience and or backend focused programming experience is highly desirable as well.
* Deep Knowledge in microservices architecture, cloud native development and deployments with (Kubernetes) ; RESTful APIs, queuing and messaging, design & architectural patterns and application and workload sizing and handling infrastructure planning.
* Cloud and On-prem Infrastructure: Experience with either of the hyperscalers such as AWS, GCP or Azure, Infrastructure as a Service and Container as a service
* Familiar with Ingress & Egress network policies, load balancers, and networked storage such as NFS and persistent volumes for k8s.
* Development experience with database technologies - SQL and NoSQL
* Native understanding of various testing tools and quality
* Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
* Conduct code reviews and ensure being complaint to the given process
* Follow standard engineering principles and practices.
* Team player, a critical thinker and problem-solver.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum of 10 + years of experience is required
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
* Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science / Information Engineering, a Master Degree, or equivalent in experience is required
* Tags: Software Engineer, Kubernetes, Cloud Computing, Storage Infrastructure, Full Stack development, Golang, Microservices, Node-red, NodeJs, Meteor, Vue
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Cloud, Medical, Developer, Design Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering
NetApp is a company which provides software, systems, and services to manage and store customer data.