To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BI and Reporting Metadata Development
* Develop a scalable, consistent and robust metadata model within the BI and Reporting tool (IBI-Webfocus) to serve our Reporting needs * Engage business owners/stakeholders to define the reporting and BI functional needs such as KPIs, metrics, drill up/drill down hierarchies, slice/dice capabilities, user-security requirements as well as non-functional requirements such as performance SLAs etc. * Translate these requirements into technical specifications for the development of metadata model within IBI * Collaborate with the Data Architect/modeler to develop the data model (Dimensional/Star schema) to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met * Build metadata model (synonyms, procedures etc.) with IBI such that the model is scalable and meets current and future requirements leveraging IBI best practices * Test the metadata model for functionality, performance and collaborate with the report development to test the end-to-end solution * Support ongoing changes and maintenance of the IBI solution including bug fixes, change requests, performance tuning and administration activities * Must have demonstrated experience developing business intelligence reporting tools metadata and reports (at least 3-5 years) preferably using IBI Webfocus, at least 2 projects implementations experience. Also demonstrated experience in IBI tool administration, performance tuning techniques at server and metadata level
Data Warehouse Development and Integration
* Develop programs that integrate data sources into the ecosystem. This person uses ETL (extract, transform, load) and ELT (extract, load, transform) techniques to move data from various sources systems. They should have expertise in one or more of the data integration tools in use at Conifer (T-SQL, Stored procedures, SSIS). They should have hands-on experience in loading data to different structures including Hadoop, relational and star-schema. * Must have deep expertise (2-3 years) in data warehouse and data mart development, data integration techniques, star/dimensional schemas. Hands-on expertise in developing ETL/ELT based programs across heterogeneous sources and targets * Must have at least (2-3) project implementations building data warehouses/data marts where he/she will show demonstrated expertise in engaging with business/technical stakeholders to understand business stakeholders, translate to technical requirements, build Source to target mapping documents, develop and test the ETL/ELT routines and support user acceptance testing
* Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to engage with teams who may be remote * Nice to have experience in data modeling (normalized, dimensional), data architecture, reference and master data management * Nice to have Healthcare experience * Technology Must haves - IBI Webfocus or any leading BI reporting tool, Microsoft SQL server, T-SQL, Stored procedures * Technology Nice to have - Microsoft APS, Hadoop
* Visual Basic * ASP * ASP.NET * C# * COM Objects * Stored Procedures * SQL Server/T-SQL * HTML
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or management information systems * 4 years of experience as a Report/BI Metadata developer * 4 years of experience as a ETL/ELT developer * 2 years of experience developing Data Marts/Data warehouses * 1 years of experience as Report/BI Tool Administrator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone * Ability to travel * Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office Work Environment * Hospital Work Environment
* Approximately 25% travel may be required
Conifer Health Solutions
About Tenet Healthcare
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company.