Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
* Be a part of the next generation data platform as a service, which will help create great experiences for our users and empower our developers across the world
* Work with a team of great engineers, designing and implementing highly available systems which are globally distributed and critical in nature
* Design and Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Help automate routine tasks
* Maintain large scale SQL databases and NoSQL across multiple data centers
* Optimizing data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scale
* Perform data related bench-marking and performance analysis/tuning
* Keep our data secured across multiple geographic locations
* Pro-actively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
* Design and implement robust backup strategy to ensure no data loss
* BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science with 5-10 years of experience
* An expert in database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and have strong working knowledge around Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and other database technologies
* Strong experience in high availability technologies (Active/Active, Active/Passive)
* Have configured and managed on-line backup technologies in SQL databases and ensure disaster recovery.
* Experience with database technologies (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Experience with PowerShell and other shell scripting
* Experience with Multi site data replication
* Some experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: C#, Java, etc.
* Some experience in managing cache services (Redis, Memcached)
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.