Head of Developer Relations
at Roblox China
About Roblox China
Roblox, a global online experiences platform for kids, brings more than 90 million people together through play. We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers. Roblox is ranked as one of the top online entertainment services for audience under the age of 18.
To continue our global growth, Roblox has structured a joint venture with Chinese technology giant Tencent to help us enter the Chinese market. Roblox China will initially focus on education: specifically, coding fundamentals, game design, digital citizenship and entrepreneurial skills. Roblox China will also create and nurture an active community of developers in the region. With access to China's roughly 800 million internet users, Roblox has the opportunity to reach the next level of global experiences companies.
By joining Roblox China, you will have the opportunity to have a powerful impact on our company's growth trajectory. We're looking for someone who is eager to take on a meaningful role to help Roblox China grow. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who is ready to take Roblox China-and their career-to the next level. Join the Roblox China team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Roblox China is looking for a seasoned leader to grow, educate, and nurture our young developer ecosystem. This is an executive role with wide ranging responsibilities that include enhancing our China strategy to accelerate developer growth, recruiting a developer relations team to cover the China territory, and laying the foundation of how developers interact and create on the Roblox product. You will be the face of creation for Roblox China, evangelizing our solution to young, talented developers and helping them thrive in both China and with our 90 million players worldwide.
* An experienced engineer with a computer science, engineering degree or equivalent experience - 8+ years leading and participating in technical/developer communities, open source projects, or similar developer groups
* A full-time developer in a previous life, but prefer to work with developer communities through education of tools and market opportunities
* A successful ecosystem builder
* A leader, having recruited and managed developer relations teams >5+ members in size
* High technical IQ and can engage in developer communities in a credible way
* A gifted speaker, with strong presentation skills with the ability to inspire others in public. You will be a frequent speaker at conference events
* A talented writer, able to communicate clearly and persuasively
* A communicator with existing relationships with developer or programming language communities
* A collaborative leader who is transparent in planning
* A bilingual Mandarin and English speaker
* Manage relationships with and foster the creation of local Roblox developer communities
* Work closely with Developer Relations team at Roblox US to coordinate planning and leverage common resources such as technical documentation, developer/education sites, white papers, forums, and other communication channels.
* Collaborate on planning for workshops, meetups, hackathons, and other events to educate our developer base
* Evangelize creation on the Roblox China product through online communities, industry events, and general media.
* Advocate for the needs of developers with product, engineering, PR, marketing, business development, and other cross-functional teams
* Monitor developer satisfaction and drive the resolution of critical developer issues
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.