Summary/Objective: The Database Developer II role will be responsible for technical design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of databases and database applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. Ensure completeness and timelines of deliverables. Additionally, will be responsible for creation of data services, and integrating the data service components. Having a broad technology and systems background must be able to bridge business requirements with best practices technology development.
* Be a technical and process leader in the database development and production group with the ability to evaluate and integrate applications and must be proficient in enterprise level design concepts.
* Follow best practices regarding design and implementation, including deployment and source code management. Make suggestions on how to improve existing processes according industry accepted best practices.
* Create appropriate processes for migration and deployment of application from development to production through various testing environments.
* Collaborate with other developers in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable architecture and design and actively promote quality in coding and other project activities.
* Follow enterprise standards and guidelines during all phases of development lifecycle
* Create high-quality, detailed technical documentation.
* Provide production and technical support to the development team.
* Be expected to be proactive in identifying and escalating to the IT & Project Managers such issues that will have an adverse impact on systems or projects.
* Interact with IT management and other teams at a highly professional and technical level.
* Work closely with business analysts and business partners to understand and translate functional requirements and processes into technical specifications.
* Provide high-quality consultation to business partners and demonstrate keen aptitude in acquiring business domain expertise.
* Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
* Design & build new ETL processes, maintain and modify existing ETL processes.
* Understand & develop complex data models.
* Complete and execute technical design, troubleshoot complex issues and not be afraid to dive in and help team members get through technical challenges.
* Plan and design new SQL Server implementations, server-to-server migrations, and upgrades, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-term hardware and storage requirements. Develop/maintain documentation, including data standards, procedures and metadata definitions.
* Technical Capability
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Customer/Client Focus
* Detail Oriented
* Business Acumen
* Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, servers, phones, smartphones, teleconference equipment and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit/stand/walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time/Exempt. Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (flexibility with Manager approval). Occasional additional hours as business needs require to complete projects.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, other related technology degree from an accredited university or college, or demonstrated technical knowledge and equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of SQL Server and enterprise level solutions development experience including data warehousing, data marts and/or software applications.
* Solid understanding of ETL design and implementation.
* Solid understanding of TSQL coding/troubleshooting/debugging.
* Solid understanding of Application design (OOP, structured).
* Experience with ingesting various data streams using API
* Experience in high performance data architecture and design including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, and Dimensional Modeling.
* Experience with object oriented methodologies, software design concepts & patterns, operating systems, databases, network topology and security.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with SQL Server memory management and the differences between editions and platforms (32 bit and 64 bit).
* Windows operating system knowledge as it pertains to databases, applications, server performance and security.
* Experience in a multi-server, data warehousing environment.
* Performance troubleshooting of databases, servers, hardware, networks & applications.
* Must be a very strong communicator who is comfortable in verbal and written presentations; concise, logical and accurate.
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving & documentation skills are critical.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Extensive experience with DTS & SSIS Packages
* Extensive experience with DTS Packages with embedded ActiveX Script
* Experience with a 3rd party data tools such SAP DATA SERVICES.
* Experience with Web Services
* Experience with Marketing, CRM or Direct Mail databases, operations and concepts
* Familiarity with various High Availability strategies such as Replication and/or Clustering
Security Clearance: SourceLink is a Federal Contractor and this position may require government security clearance for certain projects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: AAP/EEO Statement: SourceLink is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
SourceLink is a direct marketing services company.