What you'll be doing...
As a data scientist, you will develop and deploy quantitative solutions with big data, statistical analyses, machine learning, deep learning, optimization, and related analytical techniques to solve complex supply chain and real estate challenges. In addition, this role will work closely with project managers and cross-functional business leaders to formulate data science problems, source relevant data, and communicate recommendations and results to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Work on large data science engineering efforts that solve significantly complex problems facing the Global Supply Chain and Global Real Estate organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, rationalized supplier portfolio, efficient real estate planning, advanced IoT system for facility management, optimized working capital structure, and reduced operating costs.
* Translate supply chain and real estate challenges into analytical problems and effectively communicate results and business implications to key stakeholders.
* Apply deep knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence to concrete problems and provide predictive and prescriptive insights into supply chain and real estate strategies, including forecast/planning, supplier rationalization, facility management operations, inventory and SKU management, etc.
* Implement end-to-end data science solutions, including retrieving, cleansing and preparing large datasets, training and evaluating models and deploying them in production where we continuously monitor and evaluate performance.
* Work as a data scientist, support our core business targets set by the upper management, and contribute to analytics initiatives across the Global Supply Chain and Global Real Estate organization.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
* Experience in modeling, data science and tools such as Python, R, SQL, Tensorflow, CPLEX, etc.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree
* PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Supply Chain or relevant field.
* Problem solving capability and highly analytical.
* Experience engaging and influencing functional leaders and stakeholders.
* Experience in strategic projects and change management, ability to manage multiple projects.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.