What you'll be doing...
As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will be working with cross functional partner teams to collect data & provide strategic guidance for other areas of the organization to execute upon. You will be ensuring that data drives continuous business improvements and supporting key strategies across the business. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line, by helping us serve our customers.
* Supporting business cases and translating findings into practical business applications
* Partnering with others to understand business challenges
* Translating data across multiple segments of the Business into strategic insight that will drive revenue growth and prevent churn
* Partnering with various segment leads to support the business strategies
What we're looking for...
You have a gift for taking unstructured data, organizing it, finding the valuable takeaways, and making it understood by others. You enjoy immersing yourself in a subject and becoming the go-to expert. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day but you are organized so no balls are dropped. You view problems as puzzles you'd like to solve. You are comfortable working on your own but you also enjoy collaborating with others. You are a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience investigating and solving technical problems and data discrepancies.
* Worked with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Extensive knowledge of Verizon DW data domains and data.
* Call Center and/or Digital experience.
* Program management experience.
* Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
* Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results.
* Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
* Proven experience in process and requirements documentation.
* Experience with Verizon proprietary applications.
* Experience with Verizon Wireless and Enterprise Customer segment and understanding of churn concepts and drivers.
* Experience with Verizon Wireless Business Customers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.