Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Group (IBG) is looking for a junior Data Scientist. The successful candidate will execute analytical tasks on large data sets to support decision makers and provide insight and reports about our platforms. The data scientist role will use data to help us better understand who our clients are, how they engage with our products and services and how we can better serve them by identifying interesting and useful trends in our data. You will make an impact by using your passion for data and analysis to generate actionable insights that we will use to improve the experience for our clients. The position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Collect and analyze various telemetry and behavioral data
* Produce daily metrics and reports
* Clean and prepare data for Machine Learning and A.I.
* Assist with designing and running A/B tests
* Automate frequently used reporting and data analysis workflows
* Work closely with software engineers and architects to extract, transform and standardize data for optimal use for analytic tools
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics; Masters strongly preferred
* 2+ years' experience in a data science or data analysis role
* 2+ years of Java coding experience
* 2+ years mining and analyzing data sets to extract meaningful trends, producing meaningful and actionable reports
* Experience using statistical programming languages, machine learning and other toolkits and techniques for analyzing large, complex datasets
* Technical proficiency with transforming structured and unstructured data sets
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
* Expert problem solving skills and creative thinking ability
This position is not sponsoring for employment authorization to work in the U.S.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2018.
About Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers is an electronic brokerage firm.