Ibotta is looking for a Data Engineer to build something great with us. As part of the Data Services team, you will work with both Engineering and Analytics to develop and own stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working with an event-based architecture heavily leveraging the AWS cloud data stack & tools. The data engineering team is core to driving and delivering the current and future data, analytics, and decisioning platforms across Ibotta.
Here is what you'll be doing:
* Work with engineering, analytics, and product management to implement data-driven features
* Be a key contributor in the engineering of distributed systems, frameworks, and design patterns of BI and Data Science/Machine Learning
* Use Scala, Java or Python to utilize Hadoop/Spark to collect and analyze large-scale datasets in batch and real-time
* Design, implement and maintain distributed messaging systems
* Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
* Help manage Data Governance and Security
* Administer and maintain our data infrastructure
* Mentor junior data engineers in principles and best practices
* Share relevant knowledge and evangelize Data Engineering with Engineering and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of experience in software development, preferably with Scala, Java, or Python
* 1-2+ years of experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem, using tools such as Hive, Spark, or Pig
* Proven expertise in taking large data projects from conception to implementation
* Some experience with event-driven architecture design patterns and practices
* Experience in database design and architecture principles, and strong SQL abilities
* Experience with the following a strong plus:
* AWS DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, Bigtable, or other big data stores
* Python and Java
* Event platforms such as Kafka or Kinesis
* ETL tools and processes (Airflow or other similar tools)
* Agile (Kanban or Scrum) development experience
Nice to have:
* Experience with managed, cloud-based data warehouses; e.g. Snowflake, Vertica, etc
* Experience with BI tools; e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc
* Experience with data serialization technologies, e.g. Avro, Protobuf, etc
* Experience with Qubole
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
* This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
* Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Ibotta is a free app that provides cash back on everyday purchases.