Ibotta is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Web experience, building the platform that helps our shoppers save time and money. As part of the Shopper Web team, you will play an integral part in building out the next iteration of our web-based suite of products. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building high quality, fluent interfaces backed by scalable architecture. Every engineer across the team has input into our product process and will contribute real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
* Work with a highly talented cross-functional team to design, develop and deliver new products and features that will be used by millions of shoppers
* Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to identify the best tools and technologies for the problems we're solving
* Use the latest cloud technologies from AWS to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications
* Write tests and participate in code reviews to ensure that we're shipping high-quality, maintainable code
* Leverage our CI/CD pipeline to deploy code to production many times daily
Here is what we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 3+ years of experience in software development
* Fundamental knowledge of object-oriented software design, development and architectural principles
* Deep understanding of web application development best practices around security, performance, optimization, responsiveness, etc.
* Strong experience with server technologies like Node.js, Ruby, Java, etc.
* Experience with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redis is valuable, but knowing when to use each is far more important
* High level of comfort with testing approaches and frameworks, from unit testing to automated functional testing
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
* love to teach and learn from your co-workers
* look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
* embrace the DevOps culture and accept ownership of the whole development and delivery lifecycle
* value the up-front investment of thoroughly testing your code
* appreciate delivering products incrementally to provide value to the business as early as possible
* understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
* respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
* trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate; you are not afraid to voice your opinions but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
* This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
* Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Ibotta is a free app that provides cash back on everyday purchases.