The PeopleInsight team is looking for a Data Engineer to help us build and expand our data platform to new data sources and leverage the untapped insights to add actionable metrics to HR BI landscape. Join us to build the data solutions that go beyond the nightly data warehouse refreshes and conventional ETL scripts. Combine the power of AWS with Amazon internal ETL tools to build solutions that scale to serve the world wide HR operations business need.
We are now recruiting an exceptional Data Engineer for Worldwide Operations
Roles and Responsibilities
Success in this role will include building the infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems. Along with writing ETL Code, you will also be responsible for managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, etc. You will collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. While delivering on data solutions you will help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience. You will work on solving difficult problems with elegant and practical code. At every step you will aim to raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software and data products.
The ideal candidate will be:
* A Well-Rounded Athlete -Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
* A Perpetual Student - You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
* A Skilled Communicator - You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
* A Trusted Advisor - You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
* An Inventor at Heart - You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
* A Fearless Explorer - You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
PeopleInsight is a collaborative group of product, program, design, science, and engineering experts.
Our Worldwide Operations team numbers in the hundreds of thousands of dedicated associates and leaders. They deliver millions of packages to customers every day. PeopleInsight is the behind-the-scenes team that supports field and organizational leadership by advising action, informing decisions, and identifying risk. The PeopleInsight team resides at the intersection of words and numbers. We listen, observe, and measure at scale to support customer success with insights that are consumable, actionable, and relevant. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates to propel the business forward.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.