Are you excited about working on a new AI product that augments humans who need to reason with unstructured information?
The AI Architecture and Strategy team is well on its way to create this breakthrough product in long-term partnership with a handful of the largest enterprises globally. The product harvests, creates and harnesses a diverse range of AI models and automatically makes their output intelligible to humans on demand. Our product design point is to help people make sense of information buried in mountains of documents, conversations, photos, videos, 2D and 3D scans, molecular and genetic representations, and emerging device and sensor signals.
If you are looking for an environment that actively blurs the distinction between engineers and applied scientists, and where involving the customer is just another day at the office, then this is the team for you!
Successful candidates must have:
* PhD in Computer Science with focus on Artificial Intelligence.
* 3+ years' experience in the areas of machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing or data mining.
* Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, and CNTK.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Passionate and self-motivated.
* Published top-tier papers in related areas.
* Strong coding and development skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an Applied Scientist on the team, you will be responsible for:
* Keeping abreast of research trends in the field of Deep Learning and AI.
* Think through a problem from inception to shipment.
* Exploring applications of Deep Learning across multiple domains and identifying models that can bring value to our customers in those domains.
* Training models that can then be deployed at scale.
* Work independently and collaboratively with other research and product teams.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.