What you'll be doing...
This role will include being an Application Portfolio Management along with analyzing the environments, software, hardware, and platforms, and developing an end-to-end comprehensive strategy that protects our customer, employee and supplier data, whether at rest or in transit.
* Portfolio Task List Management - review, evaluate, and approve requests related to portfolio certification; hardware and compliance re-certifications; custodian changes; business impact analysis (disaster recovery) evaluations; and numerous other application field updates and changes.
* New Application review and Analysis - evaluate and approve/reject new portfolio application requests. Evaluation based on impact and support of the overall portfolio; architectural solution, security by design elements, compliance (GSAM, GDPR, CPI-810, etc.), hardware solution (on premise or AWS).
* Application Decommissioning/Retirement - Plan and implement annual decommissioning efforts to support the retirement of systems. Work across numerous teams to identify applications that can be retired based on updated technology or other factors and support the requests to retire applications.
* Strategic Activities - creative and thoughtful activities to support the portfolio from numerous areas including architecture, security and compliance, and hardware and [3rd party] software.
* Security Activities - Responsible for analysis, design, and implement a portfolio-wide security strategy for application security that includes Internet facing applications, third party vendor security that includes vendor feeds across Corporate Systems ; open source code & Cloud Security concepts.
What we're looking for...
You have strong business acumen, are inquisitive, and willing to dig into and resolve issues with minimal direction. Will need to have a high-level technical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of information technology system types including ordering, provisioning, billing, and service assurance and know how they fit together and work across a large enterprise. You ask good questions to understand what the business needs and how to respond with the best technology solutions. You think like a consultant, are highly analytical, process and detail-oriented. Your strong partnership skills build results-oriented relationships across a wide range of teams and organizations.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of systems in an enterprise organization.
* Security and Risk Management experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Ten or more years of relevant work experience.
* Project Management experience.
* In-depth knowledge of application architecture.
* General knowledge of hardware solutions.
* General knowledge of security and compliance principles.
* General knowledge of IT development techniques.
* High-level knowledge of Verizon's system environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.