Caci International Inc
Cybersecurity Network Security Research Engineer I
Req #: 221217_20171
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Who we are:
Our team consists of Network Security Research Engineers with backgrounds in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, and math/physics. We perform tasks involving research & development, software engineering, application vulnerability analysis, and network penetration testing.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about adopting new technologies and tackling new challenges. She/he will not be satisfied with perfecting a small component of an extremely large system, but instead have a preference to understand all the intricacies and components of a smaller system, end-to-end. She/he will be eager to work in a collaborative environment but have the ability and comfort to complete tasks autonomously.
What you'll be doing:
You'll be joining a team of Network Security Research Engineers that perform tasks involving research & development, software engineering, application vulnerability analysis, and network penetration testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research, design and develop software in various aspects of networking and cybersecurity.
Under the mentorship and direction of a subject matter expert, perform the following:
* application vulnerability analysis
* network penetration testing
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Basic computer science and/or networking skills which may include knowledge in IP networking, cybersecurity and software engineering.
* Proficient in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Go, and Python.
* Android, iOS, and web frontend experience is a plus.
* Willingness and ability to quickly become proficient in new technologies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and 0-2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
* Familiarity with software security concepts such as intrusion detection, cryptography, authentication, firewalls, secure coding practices a plus.
* Understanding of network hardware, systems and software applications a plus.
* Knowledge of Internet routing techniques protocols and tools a plus.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc