We have an opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer I within the Patriot Modernization Department in Tewksbury Massachusetts. The Patriot Modernization Department's mission is to provide world class software for Patriot, the world's pre-eminent air defense system.
Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently searching for a candidate to work with the Patriot Cybersecurity / Information Assurance team. As part of this team you will support definition of security architecture, requirements, design and implementation as well as Cyber resiliency and threat awareness.
The successful candidate will be a Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Engineer (Sr. SW Engineer I or II) supporting Patriot programs in defining, architecting and implementing security protection solutions and requirements.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
A security clearance is required.
* Defining security requirements and design solutions, providing guidance and direction related to security technologies.
* Performing analysis on security collected data and test results
* Identifying and implementing security design and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation.
* Defining and developing cybersecurity requirements, design, and architecture artifacts, strategy, plans, and policies.
* Perform and/or provide guidance and oversight on vulnerability assessments; defining, negotiating, and executing Assessment and Authorization (A&A) events.
* Collaborating with program and engineering disciplines and ensuring cybersecurity solution alternatives.
* Conduct cybersecurity audits to ensure appropriate implementation and compliance of the security posture.
* Define security development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems, and hardware and software components.
* Conducting technical and nontechnical trade studies, analysis, reviews identify.
* Minimum 4+ years of technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance/Cybersecurity requirement determination, development, and implementation.
* Experience in security engineering involving various computer hardware and software operating system and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations.
* Experience with IA vulnerability testing related network and system test tools (e.g. ACAS, Retina, Nessus, SCAP).
* Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated documentation.
* Existing U.S. Government Secret clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field
* Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
* Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems.
* DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-III Compliant Certification
* Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37.
* Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.2 and DoDI 5200.39.
* Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as an Information Assurance Engineer subject matter expert.
* Security related Network (e.g. Cisco) and Operating System certification or training.
* Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision.
* Ability to support periodic travel.
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
143509BR 143509 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.