At Raytheon BBN Technologies, we deliver creative solutions for our government customers' unsolved problems. If you are a problem solver, someone who likes to take things apart to see how they work, who enjoys inventing things, and who has the passion, drive, and creativity to shape future technologies, BBN is a great fit for you!
We're looking for creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated cyber research scientists who want to create, contribute to, and grow cutting-edge research projects, such as:
* Analyze systems to understand how they work and what happens when they break
* Develop new and advanced security techniques in embedded and traditional systems
* Create or investigate new types of cyber physical systems
* Investigate the Internet of Things
* Implement unique mission applications for software-defined radios
* Devise creative ways to collect, analyze, and interpret large multi-dimensional data sets
* Create innovative solutions using consumer electronics
* Develop next-generation capabilities for privacy/anonymity and identity control
* Disassemble and analyze a complex embedded system
* Define and lead the growth of new research areas
Although the work changes from one project to the next, it's always challenging, and it always makes a difference. Projects at BBN are generally short in nature, anywhere from 6 to 18 months in length, though some are longer, and consist of small teams requiring close interaction with customers and other team members.
* Demonstrated passion for technology
* Proven experience designing, developing, modifying, and debugging sophisticated (or novel), software systems or prototypes
* Experience leading technical teams or project efforts, as well as working as part of a team
* Solid, creative programming skills using C/C++, Java, Python, or equivalent languages
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* US citizenship
* Ability to access to US only data systems
* Building software for embedded devices and consumer electronics (e.g., ARM, Arduino/Raspberry Pi, Linux, Windows OS, Android, iOS)
* Understanding of OS internals (e.g., Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android)
* Experience with disassemblers (e.g., IDA pro)
* Experience using debuggers such as gdb or WinDbg
* Understanding how to create, operate, and defeat advanced security techniques in embedded and traditional systems
* Understanding binary or systems reverse engineering
* Cyber network operations (CNO) experience
* Digital and binary forensics
* Experience applying the scientific method to challenging mission problems
* Advanced wired and wireless networking (mesh, IPv6, isolation, SDN, kernel filters)
* Experience writing proposals and obtaining R&D funding
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field, plus 8 years relevant work experience or MS in relevant field, plus 6 years relevant work experience or PhD in relevant field, plus 3 years relevant work experience depending on your degree
141613 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.