This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
Manage a staff of service technicians who will work from headquarters, company locations across the country, and travel to client locations. The manager's team is responsible to ensure medical professionals utilizing BioReference's testing services are able to effectively use the technology tools provided to them by BioReference to facilitate their ordering testing, receiving clinical patient results, and decision support tools, seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively regardless of the client's chosen toolset.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Manage a team which proactively engage clients for rollout & training, as well as handle inbound support inquiries of varying types and complexities.
* Manage technicians within the Customer Technical Support organization, who are engaged in providing assistance to customers in client onboarding, client training, technical support, and technical problem resolution
* Deliver of superior-level service to end-user customers, and functioning as point-of-contact for escalated issues client-facing and internally across departments to ensure appropriate response and focus of support teams
* Track, monitor and report on department operations, and closely manage critical customer accounts to develop path to issue resolution and quickest response time possible
* Manage team responsible for providing virtual and on-site hardware, interface, and/or other applications support for customers according to contractual service levels
* Plan, direct, and monitor operational/tactical activities of team
* Meet business and operation targets, including SLAs and OLAs
* Recruit and support development of direct staff members
* Handle customer escalations
* Establish relationship with customers and other functional managers
* Provide guidance on process improvements and recommend changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility
* Provide coaching and leadership to assigned field technicians.
* Increase automation of support processes and collaborate with financial and compliance advisors on budget and approval processes
* Manages operations a department, directly impacting a specific functional area.
* Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Interprets and recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization
* Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Travel to patient service facilities and customer sites, as needed
* General Office environment
BS degree in computer science, business, management, information systems, or related field
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 5-7 years of experience in a customer-facing technical service role
* 2+ years team leadership experience in a time-sensitive customer-facing environment
* Healthcare industry a plus, patient services field preferred
* Experience supporting healthcare portals, EMR interfaces, and field-deployed hardware desired
* Strong customer service skills and attitude
* Ability to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations
* Must have a valid and clean drivers license
About Bio-Reference Laboratories
BioReference is the third largest full service clinical diagnostic laboratory in the U.S. providing testing .