This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We apply cutting edge technologies that provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including whole exome sequencing and next-generation sequencing panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.
Role: Sr. Software Engineer
Essential Duties include:
* Creates analytic solutions for clinical genetic data, including NGS, WES, and WGS sequence data; copy-number and structural variant detection; genotype-phenotype correlation
* Conducts projects in support of R&D and clinical production.
* MS or PhD degree in Bioinformatics or a related field
* 5+ years bioinformatics development experience
* Proficiency in a major scripting language (Perl, Ruby, or Python)
* Basic knowledge of statistics (machine learning, data mining, hypothesis testing) and R
* Working knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar)
* Working knowledge of command-line Linux, shell scripting, and grid computing (SLURM, SGE, LSF, or similar)
* Experience with Git, SVN or other version control software preferred
* Experience developing software in a team environment preferred
* Software testing and validation experience preferred
* Experience with NGS data and related tools (Samtools, GATK, etc.) and other genetic assay data (e.g. aCGH)
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Health, dental, vision, life insurance, LT/ST disability plans
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* 401K retirement savings plan with company match
* Employee Discounts
* Regular performance appraisals
* Many promotions from within
* Business casual dress code
About Bio-Reference Laboratories
BioReference is the third largest full service clinical diagnostic laboratory in the U.S. providing testing .