1. Presents technical training in house and at customer sites, focusing on specialized / customized courses; requires both domestic and international travel; manages classroom/lab activities to assure fulfillment of course objectives; presents and practices safety per procedure; may train during off shift and/or weekends as assigned.
2. Maintains product technical knowledge sufficient to prepare and present defined product courses; disseminates new information to staff; completes certification on multiple platforms and/or processes to include safety modules; actively certifies others; establishes new certification requirements.
3. Utilizes Technical Publications and System Business Units to maximize technical documentation efficiencies; creates and augments docmentation to fill gaps in released materials; evaluates instructor performance; trains others in standard course development process/Instructional System Design (ISD); responsible for course design approval.
4. Provides technical expertise and troubleshooting skills to assist with system repairs; ensures system functionality can support course objectives; ensures all safety retrofits are installed on the training systems.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Global Technical Training organization and operations and the AGS organization; informs customers of additional GTT courses/products available; assists marketing in building customer relationships and selling GTT products; analyzes customer issues/needs to determine future training opportunities; presents total training solutions for customer needs.
6. Provides coaching and leadership to other instructors; serves as mentor to less senior instructors for class delivery, technical development and certification; anticipates, prevents and resolves customer satisfaction issues.
7. Manages multiple projects of diverse scope and complexity; directs project team members.
8. Alpha Site support to Engineering in house or on an engineering tool provides review of ECO's; communication to the field
9. Supports GPS in the generation of docs. Ensures field usage
10. Develop new procedures and Best Known Methods
11. First chamber Build . Work with Engineering and Manufacturing; participate on New Product final test
12. Develop technical materials
13. Observe technical activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
14. Study tech docs to integrate a technology, operating procedure, production sequence and detail.
15. Review published materials and recommends revisions
16. Communicates with BUs to obtain current product information for courses updates; represents GTT at divisional meetings.
* Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
* Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
* Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
* Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Travel (25%) for Customer Training (worldwide) or FE training in Taiwan
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Travel:Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
About Applied Materials
Applied Materials provides manufacturing solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic industries.