Applied Materials AGS Automation Products Group is hiring a Software Technical Support Engineer to support customer deployment and services for Applied's SmartFactory® automation products and solutions in the areas of manufacturing execution, factory performance, and equipment performance. Further, candidate will help improve knowledge base management, drive continuous improvement, and seek opportunities to build organizational efficiencies using technology (AI, machine learning, automation, etc). This job will require about 10% travel (mostly domestic with some international). Additionally, this job does not require relocation.
* Act as first level support for software issues reported by end users
* Improve operations through continuous improvement standards such as: 8D, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5-Whys.
* Analyze and troubleshoot customer OS performance, integration and database management issues. Lead work groups and troubleshooting forums.
* Create and implement software training and/or demonstrations
* Project management and project management tasks
* Perform software installations
* Knowledge base contribution/management
* Respond to customer requests for proposal (RFP)
* Develop and deliver statements of work (SOW)
* Technically leads, project manages and/or executes software projects. Independently learn and investigate customer's high value problem (HVP), systematic bug or systematic software failures.
* Participate in product design, testing and documentation reviews as appropriate. Participate in user conferences.
* Provide telephone coverage for escalated emergency customer issues. Provide off-hours customer support via pager and cellular telephone as scheduled.
* Schedule assignments for the test and verification of installation/upgrade instructions for Applied Materials' product releases.
* Software expertise - familiarity working with enterprise automation software running on Windows/Linux platforms with Oracle database
* Project management skills
* Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
* Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
* Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
* Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
* May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
* No supervisory responsibilities but prior leadership experience is desirable
* Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
* Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
* Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
* Interfaces with internal management as well as with customer management
* Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
* Bachelor's degree in engineering field
* 4 - 7 Years of experience in fab operations
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Travel:Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
About Applied Materials
Applied Materials is a provider of manufacturing solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic industries.