The IT Project Manager is responsible for organizing, documenting, planning, executing, and leading IT projects. This individual will be responsible for managing both hardware implementation projects (about 75%) and software projects (about 25%).
* Documentation and Communication - From an idea, develop a project vision statement. Build project plans and work with project team members to ensure they are continually updated. Provide project stakeholders with clear and concise project status, issue, and budget reports.
* Team Management - Holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; helping teams work together effectively; encouraging open and honest communication between groups.
* Quality - Advocating for quality and modernization in all projects, ensuring that best practices, cleanup of technical debt, and system modernization are appropriately considered and implemented.
* Process Improvement - Contributing to efforts to continually improve the Project Management team's processes.
* Write and maintain project charters, project plans, and other documentation for complex projects spanning multiple teams, sites, and technologies.
* Prepare and maintain project budgets
* Monitor project execution, working with project team members to solve problems
* Facilitate effective, efficient meetings
* Perform any other assigned tasks deemed necessary by Six Flags management.
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a relevant IT related field is desired.
* 5 years of experience in IT support, networking, or a related technology industry.
* 2 years of experience leading teams and managing processes.
* 2 years of experience in a theme park environment.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills are an absolute must.
* Strong interpersonal skills - for interface with all levels of internal management and end users - are required.
* Project areas include network equipment installations and upgrades, Point of Sale and related system installations and upgrades, restaurant technology installations, audio-visual system installations, and onboarding newly acquired facilities. Experience in at least one area is required; additional areas are a strong plus.
* Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications is required. Familiarity with Agile software project management tools (JIRA or similar) and Smartsheet is desired.
Six Flags supports a drug and smoke free equal opportunity work place.
About Six Flags
Six Flags (1961) Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company headquartered in Grand Prairie.