Req ID: 48832
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
This role will be a key software engineering work role in the Boston Office. The successful candidate will:
* Be responsible for technical and engineering work as we build out Sabre's next generation retailing, distribution and merchandizing platform
* Work with a group of engineers on cutting edge cloud-based software development projects
* Report to the Engineering Manager
* Work with enterprise transactional and database software systems at scale
* Work on innovative enterprise software development problems end-to-end throughout the product life cycle
* Work on B2B focused products in the travel industry (air, lodging, pricing and shopping, reservations or related)
* Collaborate well with engineering, product management, sales and marketing teams
* Make presentations to teams and management
* Hands-on architectural and coding experience
* Creativity in using available tools and out-of-the-box thinking to provide the best solution to problems
* Learn new technologies and apply it to the solutions
Key technical qualifications:
* 1-3 years of back end Java/Microservices software development
* 1-3 years of experience with Cloud based software development (AWS, Azure, Google) and experience with shipping products on such technologies
* 1-3 years programming in Java, C/C++, Python or Go
* Practical knowledge of software development (microservice architecture, REST API), QA and testing as well as deployment processes and tools
* Hands-on knowledge of enterprise software (and cloud) technologies - messaging, databases, front-end and back-end, query tools such as SQL, Hadoop, NoSQL, HBase etc.
* Knowledge of airline and hotel reservation and distribution systems and related application software will be a huge plus for this role
* Hands-on knowledge of large-scale/distributed and transactional systems and programming languages and with hybrid cloud container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift) would be a huge plus
* Working knowledge in scaling Machine learning solutions would be a plus
* Undergraduate BA/BS degree (Graduate degree preferred) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Database, SQL, Java, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.