Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
The Cloud Security team partners closely with our stakeholders through the design, development and implementation of initiatives that span various public cloud provider platforms, in order to incorporate a robust security posture from the outset to accelerate innovation across the firm. This is a highly visible role with impact across many lines of business, each with distinct threat models, risks and technologies. This presents opportunities to own relationships with engineering, modeling, and business partners, become the lead for core aspects of our own products, and build trust and credibility to help define and guide the technological road-map for key business initiatives.
The Cloud Security Architect will report to the manager for Cloud Security and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with a number of engineering teams across the firm. Success for this role will be defined through demonstrated ownership of technology areas and tools, contributions to the Cloud Security team's knowledge, tooling, products, and documentation, as well as teaching and advising our partners. This role will entail building relationships with business partners, becoming their first point of contact and trusted advisor for security questions and guidance in their initiatives.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Providing architecture and design-time review and guidance to key business partners building and deploying new applications that leverage public cloud platforms
* Assessing security risk associated with integrated and native public cloud services and recommending controls and guidance to meet the risk tolerance of the business
* Defining security policy for the public cloud and validating compliance with this policy
* Threat and risk modeling
* Designing and building systems that allow for secure review, deployment, and continuous validation of public cloud infrastructure
You should possess the following qualifications:
* 3 years of experience building infrastructure or applications on one of the following cloud platforms:
* Amazon Web Services
* Google Cloud Platform
* Microsoft Azure
* 1 year of experience writing and reviewing Infrastructure as Code in at least one of the following tools:
* Google Cloud Deployment Manager
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.