Software Engineer: Insurance Engineering
Two Sigma IQ is an independent affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, dedicated to being a partner to some of the most established companies in the insurance industry. Aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data, Two Sigma Insurance Quantified utilizes technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the industry. For more information, visit twosigmaiq.com.
Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources of a well-established company. We are building the technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modelling and production services. This platform will be cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilising several of the Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, Redshift, Lambda etc.) as well as custom software.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Understand drivers and requirements of new initiatives
* Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing the right solution for the problem
* Implement high quality solutions, which may involve integration of managed services and/or custom engineering work
You should possess the following qualifications:
* BS/BA or higher degree in a technical field
* Excellent computer science expertise, including demonstrated experience with Java, or Python
* Distributed systems experience
* Interest in working collaboratively in a rapidly evolving business
* Experience with analytics tools such as Apache Spark desired, but not crucial
* Experience with AWS products desired, but not crucial
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.