Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 28433
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. Designs, engineers, and deploys applications using a variety of cloud technologies in conjunction with application and infrastructure architects.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Manages public cloud infrastructure with guidance from principal infrastructure architects
* Configures, administers, governs, and automates:
* IBM SoftLayer
* IBM Cloud Foundry
* Ensures timely delivery of assigned project deliverables related to public cloud platforms
* Manages changes, requests, incidents and problems related to public cloud
* Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget
* Develops documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational policies and procedures
* Develops and documents best practices for system installation, deployment, and operation
* Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation, and testing
* Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization
* Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the project teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, specifically in Azure or IBM Cloud
* Excellent understanding of Agile and ITIL best practices
* Demonstrated experience in scripting using bash, python, PowerShell, etc.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer
* 3 years of demonstrated experience in public cloud technology and automation
* Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes experience a plus
Preferred Qualifications (Continued)
* Proficiency and demonstrated experience in:
* Public cloud platforms and related technologies
* Automation technologies
* Infrastructure as code technologies
* Superior documentation and collaboration skills
* Superior customer service skills and experience
* Deep and wide understanding of application hosting and datacenter technologies
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
* Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
* Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Proficiency in Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 28433
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Cloud, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.