Location: AA Headquarters 2 (DFW-HDQ2)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 31023
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand needs and develop solutions according to business requirements
* Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development
* Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
* Assists with creation of detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates; ensures tasks and projects are completed on time and within scope
* Works with software architects to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
* Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines
* Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance
* Works extended hours when needed, in order to support the production environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
* Airline industry experience, including business processes and supporting technology desired
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
Demonstrated experience in the following:
* Java, XML, HTML, Angular or similar
* Web Services, such as REST/SOAP, JSON/WSDL/XML
* Eclipse or similar IDE
* Documented Structure Database (Mongo, NoSQL)
* Testing tools, Junit, Postman, Selinium
* Object Oriented Analysis, Design Patterns, and Frameworks
* Experience with DevOps Toolchain in Azure or IBM Cloud environment, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
* Experience with Agile project management methodology
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Possess a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 31023
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Information Systems, Java, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.