Shutterstock is looking for a talented and motivated Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Operations Team. The role's primary focus is to support Shutterstock's AWS infrastructure, Kubernetes platform, and CI/CD pipeline. This role will work closely with application teams within Shutterstock to enable adoption of the Cloud Platform.
This role is critical to the success of Shutterstock and requires both depth and breadth in many technologies leveraged in a public cloud environment. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize his or her skills within a world class technology company.
* Work collaboratively with application teams by providing technical guidance and consultation to satisfy infrastructure requirements, assist with CI/CD release process, and troubleshoot code and deployment issues
* Maintain AWS platform and Kubernetes cluster health across all environments by following best-practices through implementation of monitoring, maintenance, and administration
* Creating, maintaining, and improving procedures and runbooks through cross team collaboration
* Lead the adoption and administration of distributed systems through the principles of Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and Helm
* Develop and support DevOps tools through automation using modern scripting languages such as Python
* Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects, Project Managers, and Software Engineering teams to deliver holistic solutions for application deployment and platform adoption
* Incident response, via participation in a 24x7 team on-call rotation
* 3+ years experience in supporting a 24×7 high-availability AWS production environment
* 5+ years experience UNIX/Linux System Administration
* 2+ years experience with containers, container orchestration, and deployment tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker, CKA certification is a plus
* 2+ years experience with continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Jenkins and preferably CJE certification.
* In depth understanding of AWS services, networking, and security technologies
* Proven experience with troubleshooting in a highly available production environment
* Experience in full-stack monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using tools such as New Relic, SumoLogic, and Prometheus
* Familiar with the " Infrastructure as code " philosophy, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
* Familiar with source control management tools such as Github
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
* Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Groovy
* Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills
* Experience with agile methodologies, and ITIL change management processes
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives
* Providing rotational on-call support
* Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
* AWS associate or professional certification
* Compliance experience such as SOX, SOCII, or PCI
* Experience with other cloud providers such as Google or Azure
* Experience with tooling such as Helm or Packer
* Experience with CDN such as Akamai
* Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstockis is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.