What you'll be doing...
As a Cloud architect, you will serve as portfolio technical lead and drive cloud migration by building architecture frameworks, patterns and automation to deliver infrastructure solutions. As part of Verizon Business Group Infrastructure and cloud team, you will be providing technical leadership in various modernization program including public cloud migration and datacenter consolidation for Verizon Business Groups application and systems.
You will be utilizing emerging technologies & platforms (Cloud, Devops, and Containers) to deliver solution as per business needs. You will be required to build high performing relationships with peers from Technology Solutions, Architecture, Network Engineering, Infrastructure, Business, Information Security Officer, and Vendors for success.
* Lead the design and architecture support for infrastructure delivery. Analyze solutions and technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
* Partner with global dev/app teams convert business requirements into an architecture blueprint and conceptual design, based on the Architecture standards and usage guidelines.
* Develop and maintain reference architectures, best practices to design cost optimized, and highly available solutions.
* Establish and manage application onboarding process for cloud adoption program. Develop self-service onboarding capabilities using collaborative tools like one confluence & JIRA.
* Collaborate with Engineering, PM and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on Cloud deployments and operations.
* Build requisite automation for repetitive yet complex tasks through the use of scripts/DevOps tools and pipeline.
* Researching, architecting, designing and deploying new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable cloud platform for the application teams.
* Work closely with the software engineering teams and other parts of the company to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable migration solutions.
* Provide support by resolving day to day technical roadblocks faced by the team, managing dependencies with partner teams to drive cloud migration in various domains including compute, network, security and cloud ops.
* Identify opportunities to leverage and train 1st line support to prevent escalations in the future.
* Manage consultants both direct and matrix structures; manage multi-skilled global employees and contractors. Mentor and coach cross team members.
* Work with executive management to provide overall program status, updates.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* AWS certification - solution architect.
* Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions.
* Enterprise infrastructure architectural skills; with specific knowledge in networking, load balancing, compute infrastructure, storage management, and application operations. Ability to recommend new architecture solutions and sizing.
* Knowledge of AWS and OCI public cloud services including EC2, ELB, Cloudwatch ,VPC, VCN .etc.
* Knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Container Service) and best practices to secure registries, images, workloads.
* Experience with infrastructure as code concepts and related automation experience using tools like Cloud formation, Ansible, Jenkins.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* OCI Certification- Solution architect.
* Three or more years of experience developing roadmaps of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state Performance oriented, self-directed ability to drive change & manage multiple projects.
* Appropriate escalation judgment & execution.
* Strong collaboration and influence skills.
* Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
* Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
* Excellent communication, project management, and strategic thinking skills along with strong technical experience.
* Strong collaborative and partnering skills to engage diverse teams in resolving common objectives.
* Experience managing talent, mentoring and coaching.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.