Requisition ID: 200482
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Recruiter Name: Tom Wadlington
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
ABOUT SAP SUCCESSFACTORS
People are the heartbeat of every organization and great business results start with great people. When people are all-in, feeling supported, trained, rewarded and motivated, they do what it takes to win. As the leading cloud-based HCM Suite, SAP SuccessFactors helps more than 4,450 customers, and 50 million cloud application subscribers, across more than 60 industries in over 177 countries tap into this heartbeat. Supported by a global partner ecosystem and the experience and commitment of SAP, our solutions are innovative yet delivered according to your specific business needs. Through a balanced focus on both standardization and flexibility, we deliver business process expertise and best practice guidance aligned to our customers' unique transformation journeys. Aligning business strategy to business outcomes through people is what we focus on day in and day out, what we have been helping our customers do for over 10 years and where we will be focused in the future. We believe Success is Simply Human.
The Chief Architect of Recruiting and Onboarding will be tasked with leading the architecture of SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting and Onboarding product portfolio. This individual will face an array of challenges from a variety of architecture topics, including SAP direction on SCP, SuccessFactors legacy architecture, and how to build a Recruiting and Onboarding world-class solution while at the meantime moving to future architecture. As such, this individual is expected to be an avid learner, well versed in the latest cloud technologies and have delivered successful Recruiting and Onboarding cloud products at scale. This individual will be responsible for leading other architects from Recruiting and Onboarding teams, interacting with architects from Platform and other SuccessFactors teams, as well as working with architects from SAP located in US, Germany and India.
* Responsible for the aligned and consistent architecture strategy and/or target architecture of Recruiting and Onboarding, and the execution of that strategy the domain.
* Evaluates architecture risks and estimates effort for business cases, prepares senior management decisions on these topics, advices senior management and chief product owners
* Translates business strategy into technical and architecture strategy taking market and technical trends into consideration
* Provides feedback to senior management regarding technical feasibility and architectural implications of business and product strategy
* Organizes collaborative architecture work across organizations to align architecture of Recruiting and Onboarding with rest of the SuccessFactors/SAP products
* Supports and advices chief product owner/senior management regarding technical and architectural feasibility, implications, readiness, and compliance
* Drives collaboration with involved architects of product and implementation teams and is accountable for implementing architecture strategy/target architecture within Recruiting and Onboarding.
* Coaches and advises architects and key experts and reviews selected ACDs and design documents.
* Drives improvements and innovations in development processes, methodologies, architectures, technology
* Leadership capability in a globally distributed engineering environment.
* Ability to manage multiple architecture topics, deliver on commitments and work effectively under pressure.
* Leadership Skills & Empathy: Can mentor, train, and lead other architects with an understanding that a team is comprised of individual human beings who each desire to be managed with their best interest at heart, given opportunities for growth, and offered an opportunity to participate in the creation of something larger than themselves.
* Innovation: Is naturally drawn towards big, new ideas, and maintains a natural inclination to support internal innovators.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position is located in South San Francisco and represents an excellent opportunity for professional growth. The individual will lead the architecture design of a large Cloud engineering organization responsible for rapid delivery of innovative Cloud Recruiting and Onboarding products at scale.
* Successful track record in designing architecture for cloud applications used by large enterprise customers live and referenceable.
* Strong architecture knowledge in cloud applications, ideally in the Recruiting and Onboarding domain
* Strong architecture experiences and proven ability in Platform technologies, public cloud, performance, scalability, and operational execution.
* Being a role model for architects thought leadership, living SAP values, promoting SAP strategy
* Recognized externally as an expert by representing to customers, partners, analyst at conferences
* Develops, maintains, evangelizes and plans the execution of a broad architectural vision spanning multiple product lines or families, driving forward innovation in technology, architecture and practice.
* Expert in domain driven design, Java, OOA/D
* Proven ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure with the highest quality.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor's in Computer Science required, Masters preferred.
* Fluency in English required.
* International work experience is a strong plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.