Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Business Program Team Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
* Minimum 8 years' experience in datacenter-related functions
* Minimum 3 years' experience with direct personnel management
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Program Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* At least 2 years' experience with industry program and project management skills
* At least 2 years' experience working with collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, MS Teams etc.)
* At least 2 years' experience with workflow and ticketing systems (e.g. TFS, VSO, SNOW, Etc.)
* At least 2 years' experience with reporting and data analysis systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
* Practical knowledge of ITIL concepts and terminology - with focus on Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Delivery Management functions
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead a diverse team of Global Program and Project Managers, to drive and deliver CO+I Field Operations Services' cross-discipline programs and projects to established milestones
* Develop shared strategies and clarify expectations for scope and scale in established areas to achieve shared objectives
* Build business cases for long-term, cross-discipline solutions that incorporate the impact of solutions and recommend ways to mitigate risk
* Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise related to the delivery of datacenter-centric services, solving complex issues between remote and on-premise support personnel
* Leverage local subject matter expert's tribal knowledge, spread adoption of best practices, and expose best practices to the Operations Management Center and datacenter field teams
* Act on opportunities to increase agility, and contributes to workstreams to evolve processes, services, and solutions for Operations and Service Level Agreements for CO+I
* Deliver business and service review communications across varying teams and levels of management/leadership in CO+I, to evangelize and support Field Operations Services deliveries
* Maintain your technical proficiency in tools and procedures relative to datacenter centric disciplines and supporting functions (e.g. Staff modelling, workforce management, etc.)
* Coordinate closely between datacenter "Edge" facility operations teams, network infrastructure organizations, remote Operations Management Center staff, and many others to foster alignment and partnerships for business success
Capabilities critical to success include:
* Personnel Management: Develop, coach, and lead multiple Microsoft full-time employee direct reports across multiple countries and geographies
* Operational Planning & Project Management: Show structured thinking, planning, and ability to execute by working through others, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity
* Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders' senior managers, and leaders about our programs and objectives
* Customer/Stakeholder Focus: Gather stakeholder impressions of services and programs, integrating this feedback into decision making. Allocate and align resources to optimize the stakeholder and partner experience.
* Performance Goal and Standards Setting: Develop and communicate to realistic timelines via plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate + long-term consequences
* Understand datacenter business objectives: Critically review multiple plans and adjust as needed. Proactively communicate and address necessary trade-offs
* Flexibility and Adaptability: Regularly scan the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key programs and projects. Effectively changes plans, goals, actions or priorities to respond to changing situations.
* Team Player: Ability to both contribute strategically to this relatively new team and support strategic decisions once debate is over.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.