Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and business intelligence engineers operate at the forefront of this by preparing our data for efficient and consistent use throughout the company. In this role you will be shaping the way that business performance is measured, defining how we transform our data, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our central analytics team, which is focused on empowering staff throughout Twitch to use and trust our business data. Your work will include developing and enhancing our aggregate layer, as well as connecting into data interfaces that enable users to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will have the opportunity to interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and your effort will have a direct impact on hundreds of people at Twitch.
* Build aggregates in Twitch's data warehouse, implement new dimensions and measures, and write thorough documentation for data consumers
* Help maintain existing aggregates against changing requirements, methods of calculation, and data quality issues
* Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on aggregates in order to validate data against source systems
* Conduct performance tests on aggregates, then optimize in order to improve query speed and reduce cost
* Create dashboards and reports within data interfaces such as Tableau
* Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate with your team and beyond, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond to unexpected obstacles and reallocate time as necessary
* 3+ years of experience in business intelligence, data engineering, analytics, or related roles
* Strong proficiency in SQL and ETL/ELT in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
* Some exposure to data architecture and dimensional modeling would be helpful
* Experience with aggregate development best practices including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
* Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
* Comfortable giving definition to ambiguous problems
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* You are a Twitch user yourself
* Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.