Great Lakes Dredge & Dock
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to join our team.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is a key member of the Information Technology team. This role will be responsible for the development and support of reports, dashboards, and other management information utilizing OpenText/Actuate, SQL, Crystal Reports, Excel and other tools. The position requires working closely with colleagues throughout the organization to support the business applications.
* Generate and compile reports, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to system issues; support end user adhoc report requests, designing, developing and testing reports using query tools.
* Create macro or formula-enabled excel based documentation to support automated analysis on various data sets.
* Develop and maintain the company's Open Text / Actuate BI Reporting Platform
* Technical/business analysis, development, testing, and documentation of new features and system defects
* Software deployment of new features and defect corrections
* Utilize the TFS Change Management System to record and manage user requests for enhancements, system modifications and production support
* Provide end user application support through monitoring support tickets, providing problem determination and resolution on functional and technical issues
* Manage and Support Viewpoint Security application to include triage help tickets, design modifications to support SOX policies
* Perform monthly audits on Viewpoint activity to include reviews on security modifications, power-user profiles, and error logs.
* Responsible for directing the work of a small team including contractors and employees
* Perform project management activities as needed
* Will be responsible for various special projects as needed by management
Experience and Skill Requirements
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum 3+ years in business and systems analysis
* Proven experience as a BI Developer
* Strong T-SQL scripting skills and ability to understand and create complex stored procedures, views, data aggregations and manipulations through table joins, queries, database design, and normalization / de-normalization techniques.
* Technical Experience with MS SQL Server, MySQL, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Birt / Actuate Reporting / Open Text or other Business Intelligence Development Tools, MS Office Applications, TFS, Database/ODBC connection strings
* In-depth understanding of relational databases
* Interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must possess strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills to include thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
* Ability to think independently; exercise sound judgment; make responsible decisions
* Experience in Agile methodology and requirements documentation
* Ability to lead and facilitate requirement meetings
* Ability to work independently or in team environment
* Possess strong organizational and multitasking skills
* Competitive salary and bonus program.
* 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
* Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants' 401(k) accounts based on company's annual performance.
* Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
About Great Lakes Dredge & Dock
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock is a provider of dredging services.