Great Lakes Dredge & Dock
ENGINEER - INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (GLDD) Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both internationally and domestically. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging equipment located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. We are currently seeking an Engineer - Infrastructure Systems to join our team. The position is at our Oak Brook, IL office.
The Engineer - Infrastructure Systems is responsible for managing all aspects of the IT infrastructure, including physical and virtual servers, storage systems, networks, and the software systems that run on them.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
* Install and configure hardware and software, maintain, administer, support and document all systems in the assigned functional area(s), including:
* Virtual servers and appliances, and back end components of an enterprise virtualization infrastructure
* Storage area network (SAN) infrastructure
* Backup and recovery systems and processes
* Microsoft Active Directory, including domain controllers, DHCP and DNS
* Microsoft Windows Server and infrastructure software
* Network switching, routing and firewall equipment, including VLAN tagging
* Fleet technology, including server equipment and satellite and cellular connectivity
* Corporate and remote office connectivity, including L2L VPNs
* Utilize scripting and software tools to increase efficiency and automation
* Collect requirements, research and design systems and solutions
* Generate security related reports required for regulatory compliance
* Perform duties mindfully and with a high level of skill under minimal supervision.
* Work closely with colleagues in IT and in the user community
* Provide occasional direct support to end users
* Provide technical expertise in the resolution of system and infrastructure problems and projects as appropriate
* 4-7 years of experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and infrastructure platforms
* 4-7 years of experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and Wi-Fi access points
* 2-5 years of direct experience with VMWare virtualization technology
* 2-5 year of experience and a strong understanding of SAN technologies
* Demonstrated ability to
About Great Lakes Dredge & Dock
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock is a provider of dredging services.