Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech International seeks a Business Architect to serve on the Business Case Analysis Technical Support (BCATS) contract, supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Join a winning team and provide support to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information Technology, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office as a Business Architect. VA's Enterprise Architecture (EA) is a critical component of on-going VA transformation efforts, supplying the architectural support, resources, methodology, and strategic planning necessary to align VA IT initiatives into a cohesive roadmap to meet VA's short- and long-term strategic goals. The Business Architect, as part of the technical team supporting EA activities, will analyze requests for IT products and services from across the Agency, identifying possible solutions consistent with VA/federal policy and end-user needs to enable more efficient and effective support to our Nation's Veterans.
* Support the preparation of IT request executive summaries, business cases, analyses of alternatives, and independent technical assessments related to potential capital, service, and program investment decisions in information technology.
* Participate in technical meetings to assist with problem definition and solution development.
* Perform initial risk mitigation, analysis, and planning related to potential solutions.
* Collaborate with the Program Management Office on deliverables, timelines, project status, issues, risks and benefits, etc.
* Identify possible solutions to end-user needs that are aligned to agreed-upon architecture standards and principles.
* May work with technical and business teams to evaluate new and emerging technologies, vendors, and business models. Identify gaps and make recommendations and/or report on best options, practices, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Requires a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field plus 5-9 years of experience in multiple IT areas with at least 3 years of direct, relevant business architecture experience.
* Excellent analytical and researching skills to understand a business' pains and identify optimal business and technology solutions.
* Strong critical thinking, analytical, and organizational abilities.
* Exceptional interpersonal and client relationship skills.
* Experience with business case analysis or enterprise architecture preferred.
* Prior experience related to the Federal Government preferred.
* Experience working with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs preferred.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.