More than any other, insurance is an industry whose foundation is based on trust - to provide peace of mind. So it is essential that, above all, Berkley Select is a company defined by the attributes that engender trust and confidence among our brokers and agents, and their clients. Berkley Select is the result of bringing together two of the industry's most respected names in professional liability insurance. We are a leading provider of professional liability insurance products across a full spectrum of disciplines and industries, for clients of virtually every size and level of complexity.
As a Berkley company, we enjoy operational flexibility that allows us to deliver quality coverage solutions. Berkley Select clients have access to a creative team of dedicated underwriters and the resources of W. R. Berkley Corporation. All member insurance companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, and carry Standard & Poor's Financial Rating of A+ (Strong).
Responsible for performing the analysis required to support the development, maintenance and enhancement of any application used by the company and its business partners. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, tests system functionality, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to support key business processes. Act as a liaison between IT and other business departments.
* Review and analyze project requests to determine impact to existing systems. Translate business requirements into detailed specifications to be used by the IT development staff/external providers.
* Develop, review, analyze, and document all IT systems using information from software developers and network administrators; the documentation produced from this effort serves as a reference for development of IT systems.
* Perform system/user testing as required; analyze and validate testing results.
* Maintain and suggest ways to improve the business processes as reported through the help-desk inquiries.
* Test all software systems developed by IT personnel using automated tools and/or manual methods.
* Provide support and guidance to other IT personnel in business requirements documentation as well as system/user testing.
* Act as a reference and provide support to application users with respect to questions arising from processing.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of two years of prior Business Analyst or Information Technology experience; experience in the insurance industry is preferred. Experience should include process reengineering, flow charting and block diagramming, as well as, a good understanding of the desktop environment, graphical user environment and web architecture.
* Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum Framework is a plus.
* Strong skills needed in verbal and written communication skills, including communicating effectively with business users and software developers; team participation; deadline orientation; managing multiple projects simultaneously; and detail orientation
About W.R. Berkley
W. R. Berkley Corporation is a financial services company focused on the property and casualty insurance business.