Preferred Employers Insurance Company began operations in San Diego, California in 1998. The company provides workers' compensation insurance for a wide variety of industries. Our goal is to provide our customers with a stable and reliable workers' compensation insurance product regardless of market cycles. We are dedicated to being the preferred workers' compensation insurance solution for California businesses.
The Preferred Employers Group, a W.R. Berkley company, is growing to support the needs of our business! The position reports to IT Director/IT Manager and will provide application design, development, enhancement, maintenance and testing support to one or more applications and business processes. The position will be accountable and responsible for developing, implementing and supporting business technology solutions for customers.
* Gain and maintain expert knowledge and understanding of systems, subsystems and interfaces.
* Effectively design, develop and troubleshoot application system problems by identifying and implementing software or process changes that allow business transactions to continue with minimal risk.
* Possess a deep understanding of vendor software integration and interactions within the domain
* Possess and maintain strong expertise in the use of tools/technologies used to manage data and infrastructure
* Be able to consider technical decisions during problem resolution, balancing standards, principles, and process.
* Be able to analyze, design and enhance software development/maintenance processes and procedures.
* Maintain a knowledge and awareness of emerging technology including hardware, software, services and development methods.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
* At least 2+ years of related work experience designing/developing, programming, and supporting software programs/applications in different technology environments.
* Must have at least 2+ years of experience in developing multi-tier web based applications using JAVA, J2EE, WSDL/XSD/XML, SOA, and JAVA-Web Services
* Property and Casualty Insurance knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology, or related discipline, which could include Computer Science, Information Systems (IS) or Management Information Systems (MIS). In lieu of a degree, related work experience will be accepted.
* A great attitude and outstanding work ethic.
* Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
* Willingness to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated ability to be dependable, reliable and flexible.
* A strong team player - Someone who collaborates well with others teams.
About W.R. Berkley
W. R. Berkley is a financial services company focused on the property and casualty insurance business.